Health Information Management Diploma
This Program is Offered Remotely
Our Health Information Management (HIM) Diploma Program prepares you to play an essential role in our healthcare system. Due to the ongoing transition to electronic health records, there is a high demand for professionals who can effectively code, manage and interpret patient data and, in turn, impact the quality of health care for Canadians. With your diploma from triOS College, you will be on your way to a career path as a health records technician, health information management practitioner, medical records unit supervisor and more. Get in touch with us today and discover how quickly triOS College can put you on a whole new career path!
- Get hands-on training in HIM-related software, including EHR Go, WinRecs, Med2020 and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Learn the fundamentals of classification using Canadian Coding Standards, Complex Care and Intervention (CCI) and ICD-10-CA
- Follow courses in Anatomy, Physiology ad Terminology, Coding and Classification Systems, Clinical Pathology, Database Management, Statistics for HIM Professionals and more
- Have ongoing interaction with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) through a 2-year membership and educational events
- Prepare to sit CHIMA’s National Certification Examination (NCE)
- Get full access to our ongoing career services, which includes job search assistance, resume-writing guidance, interview skill-building and more.
Use our online form to get in touch with the triOS College campus nearest you and join the thousands of graduates that we’ve helped put on the path to a whole new career! Learn more about our Health Information Management Diploma Program, including start dates, financial assistance options, admissions procedures and more.