Medical Office Assistant Diploma
- Our 51-week Medical Transcriptionist diploma program includes an 8-week, field-related internship
Be prepared to write the Registered Medical Transcriptionist exam through the Association of Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
The economic outlook for medical transcriptionists remains steady, with a median salary of $21.00 per hour (Canada Job Bank, NOC 1251)
Throughout our program, you will learn to carefully listen to recorded dictation from medical care providers, and transcribe the dictation into patient histories, exam notes, operative reports, discharge summaries and more.
You will also familiarize yourself with various body systems, as well as pharmacological, psychiatric and oncological terms that you may encounter in your new career. Courses in keyboarding, grammar, style, speech recognition and Microsoft applications round out the program to provide skills that are essential to medical transcription.
As a successful graduate, you will be eligible to write the Registered Medical Transcriptionist exam through the Association of Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI).
Get in touch with us today to find out how quickly triOS College can put you on a whole new career path!
- Our remote program delivery provides mask-free, safely distanced education from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Our focus on high-demand, relevant skills allows you to graduate quickly, in months rather than years.
- Our financial advisors will introduce you to your financing options and help you find the one that suits you best.
- Our extensive career services include employment workshops, mock job interviews, resume writing assistance, job search and networking tips and more.